Beef Chow Mein [Serves 4]
- 500g lean minced beef
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups finely chopped red cabbage
- 1 cup finely chopped Chinese cabbage
- 1 carrot, grated
- ¼ cup kecap manis
- 1 teaspoon Curry powder
- Heat non-sick pan over medium heat.
- Add oil, lean minced beef and onion and cook, stirring until well browned.
- Add red and Chinese cabbage and carrot and cook for a further 4 – 5 minutes.
- Add kecap manis, curry powder and ½ cup water and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately with rice or noodles if desired.
Extra Notes: For variety, try using chicken mince, adding small shrimp, or even try both together in the same dish!