Really, 5 steps? Sounds too easy, doesn’t it? Well the best way to ensure that your health isn’t compromised is to break things down simply and to start taking action, however small they may be in the beginning. So yes, we offer 5 Easy Steps to combating obesity. It works.
When you are engaged mentally, when you have set the intention in your mind to prevent obesity, then everything can begin to flow from there. In our program, we address the issue of what to do if you’ve gained weight, and then we construct a real-time action plan that’s easy to follow. We’ll provide you with ongoing tips to teach you about sensible eating, plus we provide customized workout routines that will help you shed those pounds. Preventing obesity works amazingly well when you are mindful about your eating and when you combine that with some sensible workout routines. We can do this – together!
Following eLifestyle’s 5 Obesity Prevention Strategies For Success below will start you on the right path and get you into your fat-burning groove!
eLifestyle’s 5 Obesity Prevention Strategies For Success!
- Make sure you’re getting enough sleep. Eight hours is the general requirement to enable the body to relax and relieve work related stress, along with exercise related stress.
- Keep healthy snacks on-hand. This will keep you energized throughout the day. However, cut out late-night snacking which tends to increase as the days get shorter.
- Think Long-Term. Make proper goals and assess them regularly. As you reassess your goals make sure they’re realistic and that you have a plan to get you there.
- Not all goals are weight-related. Focus on how you want to feel when you play with your kids or the time you’re shooting for in that 10K race next spring.
- Use eLifestyle’s eTransformation program. https://elifestyle.ca/custom-12-week-2-free-bonus-weeks-virtual/ The most important key to your success is having a certified expert who can help you assess your goals. You’ll then adopt some simple day-to-day strategies that will help avoid that gradual, sneaky weight gain that contributes to obesity and weight gain.
Want to see how others have pursued a path to prevent obesity? We have lots of examples on our website and we want YOU to be one of our next success stories! Ready for your own eTransformation? Get your personalized action plan. Prevent obesity and start living the healthiest life you can!
It’s all here. We can do this – together!
Obesity rates in Canada are rapidly on the rise, bringing awareness that the topic of obesity cannot be ignored. Did you know that one in four Canadian adults are already obese? In addition, one in 10 children are also clinically obese. Sadly, this represents more than six million Canadians who are potentially struggling with high blood pressure, heart and stroke issues, diabetes, joint and arthritis pain, and numerous emotional and psychological issues. The obesity problem lies not only with the individuals themselves, but also with their communities at large, the medical community and health care infrastructure, and so on. For this reason we continue to focus attention on showing people how to find time to exercise despite a hectic schedule. Obesity cannot be ignored and it’s time we take a collective stand.
Among the many challenges attributed to losing weight, obesity risk factors further increase if people are unwilling to determine just how to effectively lose that weight. It’s very difficult to carve out free time for yourself, so that’s why it’s important to have a plan. Follow the simple, yet effective tips below and you’ll be armed with ways to approach your day and burn the fat away! And remember, you’re not alone. Studies show that when you make a plan with someone, be it a professional or just a friend, you’re weight loss success rate increases. Try following our suggested tips below.
6 Simple Tips For Losing Weight
• Take half an hour during lunch to walk or climb stairs
• Stick with functional activities, things that are going to mimic everyday activity
• Take your pets on long walks
• Play actively with your kids
• Have a plan of attack. Thinking through what you are going to do can save a lot of frustration down the road. This can be done for you, we offer obesity help: https://elifestyle.ca/start-losing-weight-now/
You’re not alone. Join the obesity community: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1387861358100123/
Why is The Glycemic Index (GI) Important to Focus On?
We hear many obesity stories, and one of the most common ones is in our obesity support group on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1414260705487904/ that people are confused about is just what to eat for weight loss. One important guideline to follow is to consume carbohydrates that have a low glycemic index, this is important at any stage of your weight loss or weight maintenance plan, but particularly important when you are trying to prevent obesity. Controlling your blood sugar levels is of paramount importance.
What Is The Glycemic Index?
Not all carbohydrate foods are created equal. In fact, they behave quite differently in our bodies. The glycemic index or GI describes this difference by ranking carbohydrates according to their effect on our blood glucose levels. Choosing low GI carbs – the ones that produce only small fluctuations in our blood glucose and insulin levels – is the secret to long-term health. Doing so will reduce your risk of heart disease and diabetes, and is the golden key to sustainable weight loss!
How to Switch to a Low GI Diet
The basic technique for eating the low GI way is simply a “this for that” approach – i.e. swapping high GI carbs for low GI carbs. You don’t need to count numbers or do any sort of mental arithmetic to make sure you are eating a healthy, low GI diet.
7 Basic Tips to Avoid Obesity:
- Use breakfast cereals based on oats, barley and bran
- Use breads with whole grains, stone-ground flour, sour dough
- Reduce the amount of potatoes you eat
- Enjoy all other types of fruit and vegetables (Fruit in controlled amounts to avoid too much simple sugar)
- Use Basmati or Doongara rice
- Enjoy whole grain pasta, noodles, quinoa
- Eat plenty of salad vegetables with a vinaigrette dressing
Having trouble creating a meal plan that includes these foods? https://elifestyle.ca/start-losing-weight-now/ The eTransformation program will create simple and effective meal plans and shopping lists personalized just for you! Combatting obesity is a long term strategy and you don’t need to brave it alone. In fact, it is statistically proven that when you join a group or follow a plan with someone, then your success rate improves. Why not set yourself up for success and join our supportive and successful community of people just like you. We’re ready to welcome you with open arms!