Veggie Quinoa Burgers
- 2 1/2 cups / 12 oz /340 g cooked quinoa, at room temperature
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt
- 1/3 cup/ .5 oz /15 g finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/3 cup /.5 oz /15 g finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup / 1.5 oz /45 g finely chopped spinach
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup / 3.5 oz /100 g quinoa flour
- 1/3 cup / .5 oz / 15 g goats cheese
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- Preheat oven to 400° F / 200° C.
- Combine the quinoa, eggs, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in the chives, dill, spinach, zucchini, garlic, and cumin. Stir well.
- Add the baking powder and quinoa flour, stir, and let sit for a few minutes so the quinoa flour can absorb some of the moisture.
- Gently stir in the feta.
- Form into twelve 1-inch / 2.5cm thick patties.
- Grease a baking sheet, and arrange the patties with a bit of space between each. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the bottoms are brown. Flip and bake for another 5 minutes.
- Enjoy hot, or allow to cool to room temperature on a cooling rack.