Quinoa Coconut Rainbow Muffins
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) quinoa
- 1 cup (250 ml) whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) each baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon
- ⅓ cup (75 ml) packed coconut sugar
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) blueberries
- 1 cup (250 ml) carrots
- 1 apple, cored and shredded (about 1 cup/250 ml)
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup (250 ml) milk or coconut milk
- ¼ cup (50 ml) coconut oil
- In large bowl, combine quinoa flour, flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon and sugar; mix well.
- Add blueberries, carrots, apple, eggs, milk and oil.
- Stir until just combined.
- Divide evenly among greased or paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake in 400°F (200°C) oven 15 to 18 minutes or until tops are just firm to the touch.