Chickpea Spinach & Pasta Soup [Serves 4]
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup small pasta shapes
- 227g fresh spinach, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook for 6 to 8 minutes until just softened.
- Pour in the tomatoes, broth, chickpeas and pasta. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then lower heat and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the pasta is tender, but not mushy.
- Stir in the chopped spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes. Season with pepper to taste.
Extra Notes: For other healthy choices and a slightly different flavor, try switching up the pasta for other options like quinoa, spelt or kalmut pasta