French Toast with Caramelized Cinnamon Oranges. [Serves 4]
- 80g whole grain sliced bread (approx 2 slices)
- 1 egg (approx 59g)
- 5g cinnamon
- 100g reduced fat milk
- 5g margarine
- 2 oranges (approx 400g)
- 5g teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Mix together milk, egg and cinnamon until well combined.
- Dip bread in milk / egg mixture and flip to coat both sides.
- Heat non stick frying pan over medium heat, add margarine.
- When margarine has just melted, add bread.
- Cook approx 1-2 minutes each side or until golden brown (the cinnamon will give a slightly darker appearance), set aside.
- Peel oranges and segment. Using non stick fry pan, add oranges and cook over medium heat, then sprinkle with cinnamon and cook for a further minute until well coated.
- Place French toast on place and fold over and place oranges on top, drizzle with honey and serve immediately.
Extra Notes: This is a great breakfast to satisfy your sweet tooth!