Faux Bacon Bits (Coconut Bacon)
- 2 tbsp low sodium soya sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch sea salt
- ½ pound (3-4 cups) large flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 325° F and line two cookie sheets with waxed paper.
- Combine all ingredients, marinade one hour
- Drain liquid and lay coconut onto pans.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or more. Positioning the sheet pan in the oven differently each time. Keep a close eye on the coconut bacon after the first 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven once evenly browned.
- Cool completely before storing in an air-tight container.