eLifestyle Chicken Pot Pie
(*Taken from Phase 3 of the eLifestyle eTransformation Weight Loss & Lifestyle Program)
- 3 tsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed, cut into ½ -inch cubes
- 1 cup sliced shallots
- 1 10- or 12-oz bag frozen mixed vegetables (2-2 ½ cups), thawed
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- 6 sheets 9-by-14-inch phyllo dough, defrosted (follow package directions)
- Cooking spray (olive oil or canola oil)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat 2 tsp. oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook, stirring often, until it turns white – 2 to 3 minutes. Remove to a plate. Add the remaining 2 tsp. oil and shallots; reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring, until slightly softened – 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in vegetables and thyme; cook, stirring occasionally, until hot – 2 to 4 minutes.
- Pour in 1 3/4 cups broth and bring to a boil. Whisk the remaining ¼ cup broth and cornstarch in a small bowl and add to the pan. Return to a boil and cook until thickened, about 1 minute. Off the heat, stir in the chicken, sour cream, salt and pepper. Divide the mixture among four 12-oz ovenproof baking dishes.
- Make 2 stacks of 3 sheets of phyllo each, coating each sheet lightly with cooking spray before stacking. Cut the stacks in half crosswise. Drape one half over each baking dish. Tuck in any overhanging edges.
- Set the pot pies on a baking sheet. Bake until the tops are golden and the filling bubbly – 18 to 20 minutes
To find out serving size and calories, join eLifestyle’s eTransformation Weight Loss & Lifestyle Program today! http://elifestyle.ca/start-losing-weight-today/