Gluten Free Quinoa Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups quinoa flakes
- 1 ¼ cup quinoa flour
- 1 ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup tahini
- 4 tbsp butter substitute
- 1 ¼ cup Algave syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup 60% cacao dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk oats, flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- In a mixer bowl, beat tahini and butter substitute until smooth.
- Add brown rice syrup and beat on low speed until well blended.
- At low speed, beat in egg and vanilla just until blended.
- With a spatula, fold in walnuts, chocolate chips and cranberries until blended.
- Drop a tablespoon of dough onto baking sheet.
- Flatten dough slightly with fingertip.
- Place dough 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes to light golden brown.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before removing.