Black Bean and Tomato Quinoa Bowl
(*Taken from Phase 3 of the eLifestyle eTransformation Weight Loss & Lifestyle Program)
- 2 tsp grated lime zest
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 (14 -15 oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Whisk together lime zest and juice, butter, oil, sugar, ½ tsp salt, and ¼ tsp pepper in a large bowl.
- Wash quinoa in 3 changes of cold water in a bowl, draining in a sieve each time.
- Cook quinoa in a medium pot of boiling salted water (1 tbsp. salt for 2 quarts water), uncovered, until almost tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain in sieve, then set sieve in same pot with 1 inch of simmering water (water should not touch bottom of sieve).
- Cover quinoa with a folded kitchen towel, then cover sieve with a lid (don’t worry if lid doesn’t fit tightly) and steam over medium heat until tender, fluffy, and dry, about 10 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat and remove lid. Let stand (still covered with towel) for 5 minutes.
- Add quinoa to dressing and toss until dressing is absorbed, then stir in remaining ingredients, and salt and pepper to taste.
To find out serving size and calories, join eLifestyle’s eTransformation Weight Loss & Lifestyle Program today! http://elifestyle.ca/start-losing-weight-today/