Banana, Mango & Protein Smoothie [Serves 1]
- 1/2 ripe mango
- 1 small ripe banana, sliced
- 150 ml (5 fl oz) semi-skimmed milk
- 120 ml (4 fl oz) orange juice
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 heaped tbsp. vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- Peel the skin from the mango and cut out the stone. Chop into rough pieces. Put into a blender with the banana.
- Add the milk, orange juice, lime juice, sugar, frozen yogurt and protein powder and blend on maximum speed for about 30 seconds or until mixed and frothy.
- Pour banana and mango shake into glasses and serve immediately.
Extra Notes: Those who do not eat dairy products or who have a lactose (milk sugar) intolerance can substitute 300 ml (10 fl oz) soya milk for the cow’s milk, and omit the frozen yogurt; or use 240 ml (8 fl. oz) soya milk with 2 heaped tbsp. soya ice cream. Also, use a ripe peach instead of the mango half.